- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube. Also acceptable: Green (sodium or lithium heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Protect from light during collection, storage, and shipment. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to ARUP Amber Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- EDTA plasma. Hemolyzed specimens. Refrigerated specimens exposed to light for more than 24 cumulative hours.
- Ambient: 2 hours; Refrigerated: 8 hours; Frozen: 6 months
4.0-5.8 ng/mL: Indeterminate
Greater than or equal to 5.9 ng/mL: Normal
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
- Folic Acid
- serum folate