- Patient Preparation
- For monitoring therapy, a baseline specimen should be collected prior to initiation of therapy. Subsequent specimens for comparison should be collected at the same time of day as the baseline specimen.
- Second-morning void or 24-hour urine. Refrigerate during collection. Collect without preservative.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer a 1 mL aliquot of urine from a well-mixed, second-morning void or 24-hour collection to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens contaminated with blood or extensive hemolysis.
- Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 2 years
|7-9 years||167-578 nM BCE/mM creatinine||201-626 nM BCE/mM creatinine|
|10-12 years||152-505 nM BCE/mM creatinine||173-728 nM BCE/mM creatinine|
|13-15 years||103-776 nM BCE/mM creatinine||38-515 nM BCE/mM creatinine|
|16-17 years||34-313 nM BCE/mM creatinine||20-144 nM BCE/mM creatinine|
|18 years and older||21-83 nM BCE/mM creatinine|
|Premenopausal||17-94 nM BCE/mM creatinine|
|Postmenopausal||26-124 nM BCE/mM creatinine|
A decrease of 30-40% from the NTx baseline after three months of therapy is a typical response to anti-resorptive therapy.
NTx=Cross-linked N-telopeptide of Type I Collagen
BCE=Bone Collagen Equivalent
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0020207||Creatinine, Urine - per volume||20624-3|
|0070061||NTx, Urine (nM BCE/mM Creatinine)||14115-0|
- Collagen Crosslinks
- Cross-Linked N-Telopeptide
- Crosslinked N-telopeptide of Type I Collagen
- N-Telopeptide, Urine
- NTX Creatinine
- NTX Urine