Quantitative Enzyme Immunoassay
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Random or 24-hour urine in a plastic container. Refrigerate during collection.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer a 4 mL aliquot from a well-mixed random or 24-hour collection to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube and freeze immediately. (Min: 1 mL) Record total volume and collection time interval on transport tube and test request form. Also acceptable: Specimens preserved with HCl, if frozen immediately.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Room temperature specimens.
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 24 hours; Frozen: 6 months
Effective February 21, 2012
|Histamine, Urine - ratio to CRT
||0-450 nmol/g crt
|Histamine, Urine, Excretion - 24h
See Compliance Statement D: www.aruplab.com/CS
If 24-hour urine is submitted, the excretion will be calculated. If random urine is submitted, the result will be reported as Not applicable.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0020207||Creatinine, Urine - per volume|
|0070039||Histamine, Urine - per volume|
|0070041||Histamine, Urine - ratio to CRT|
|2005776||Histamine, Urine, Excretion - 24 h|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at email@example.com.