Aid in evaluation of patient with allergic signs and symptoms, such as anaphylaxis; may assist in diagnosing and monitoring of mast-cell activation disorders.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA) or pink (K2EDTA). Collect in a pre-chilled tube and on ice.
- Specimen Preparation
- Centrifuge refrigerated and separate upper two-thirds of plasma within 20 minutes. Transfer 1 mL plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube and freeze immediately. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Non-frozen or hemolyzed specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 1 hour; Refrigerated: 6 hours; Frozen: 6 months
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
- plasma histamine