Quantitative Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Pre-dose (trough) levels should be drawn.
- Lavender (EDTA) or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 1 mL well-mixed whole blood to a plastic vial. (Min: 0.25 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Serum or plasma. Specimens left at room temperature for longer than 24 hours. Clotted specimens.
- Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 2 months
Effective February 18, 2014
| ||Therapeutic Range:
|Kidney transplant (in combination with Everolimus):
||1 month post-transplant: 100-200 ng/mL|
2-3 months post-transplant: 75-150 ng/mL
4-5 months post-transplant: 50-100 ng/mL
6-12 months post-transplant: 25-50 ng/mL
||Up to 3 months post-transplant: 350-525 ng/mL|
4 months and older post-transplant: 145-350 ng/mL
||Greater than 700 ng/mL
The optimal therapeutic range for a given patient may differ from this suggested range based on the indication for therapy, treatment phase (initiation or maintenance), use in combination with other drugs, time of specimen collection relative to prior dose, type of transplanted organ, and/or the therapeutic approach of the transplant center.
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
Cyclosporine (Sandimmune) whole blood concentrations can be measured by either chromatographic or immunoassay methodologies. These two methodologies are not directly interchangeable, and the measured cyclosporine whole blood concentration depends on the methodology used. Reference ranges may vary according to the specific immunoassay or HPLC-MS/MS test. Generally, immunoassays have been reported to have a positive bias relative to HPLC-MS/MS assays due to the detection of antibody cross-reactivity with cyclosporine metabolites.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0070035||Cyclosporine A by HPLC-MS/MS|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.