Quantitative Chemiluminescent Immunoassay
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Collect 1 timed specimen at 30 minutes.
- Plasma separator tube or serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow specimen to clot completely at room temperature. Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.4 mL) Specimen must be labeled with time drawn.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 3 months
Normal peak serum cortisol is greater than 20 µg/dL 30 to 60 minutes after 25 units cosyntropin IV.
To convert to nmol/L, multiply µg/dL by 27.6.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0070032||Cortisol 30 Min|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at email@example.com.
- Adrenal Corticotropin Hormone