Screen, diagnose, and monitor diseases associated with excess or deficient cortisol production.
- Patient Preparation
- Collect 1 timed specimen at 0 minutes.
- Serum separator tube (SST).
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow specimen to clot completely at room temperature. Separate from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.4 mL) Specimen must be labeled with time drawn.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 3 months
2000 hours:<9.0 µg/dL
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0070031||Cortisol 0 Min||41407-8|
- Adrenal Corticotropin Hormone