Aids in the diagnosis of adrenal insufficiency and determining the presence of anterior pituitary tumors.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA) or pink (K2EDTA). Collection tube must be siliconized glass or plastic.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube and freeze immediately. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Serum, tissue or urine. Heparinized plasma. Grossly hemolyzed or lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 72 hours; Frozen 3 months.
Male and female - 10-18 years: 6-55 pg/mL
Female - 19 years and older: 6-58 pg/mL
Male - 19 years and older: 7-69 pg/mL
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
- Adrenal Corticotropin Hormone