Follow-up test for abnormal cytology results in women ³21 years.
- Patient Preparation
- Females should avoid high concentrations of antifungal cream, contraceptive jelly, or douche at time of collection.
- Cervical brush in HPV Digene Collection Kit (ARUP supply #12578). Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Specimen Preparation
- Place each specimen in an individually sealed bag. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens in any transport media other than indicated above.
For specimens in ThinPrep Pap Test transport media, refer to Human Papillomavirus (HPV), High Risk, E6/E7 mRNA by Transcription-Mediated Amplification (TMA) (ARUP test code 2007893) or Human Papillomavirus (HPV), High Risk by Hybrid Capture, ThinPrep (ARUP test code 2008404); for specimens in SurePath Pap specimen transport media, refer to Human Papillomavirus (HPV), High Risk by Hybrid Capture, SurePath (ARUP test code 0060744).
- Specimen source required.
- Ambient: 2 weeks; Refrigerated: 3 weeks; Frozen: 3 months
This test is intended for medical purposes only and is not valid for the evaluation of suspected sexual abuse or for other forensic purposes.
HPV testing should not be used for screening or management of atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance (ASCUS) in women under age 21.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0065143||HPV High Risk, Hybrid Capture, Brush||30167-1|
- HPV High-Risk
- HPV HR cervical brush
- HPV HR hybrid capture
- Hybrid Capture