- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube or plain red.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.1 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, or lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
0.90-1.10 IV: Equivocal - Questionable presence of HHV-6 IgG antibody. Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
1.11 IV or greater: Positive - IgG antibody to HHV-6 detected, which may indicate current or past infection.
See Compliance Statement D: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0065288||Herpesvirus 6 (HHV-6) Ab, IgG|
- Exanthem subitum
- Roseola Infantum