Not recommended as a stand-alone test. Parvovirus B19 Antibodies, IgG and IgM is preferred (0065120).
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube. Also acceptable: Lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA), or green (sodium or lithium heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 0.5 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.3 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as "acute" or "convalescent."
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, hyperlipemic, or icteric serum.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
0.90-1.10 IV: Equivocal - Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
1.11 IV or greater: Positive - IgG antibody to Parvovirus B19 detected, which may indicate a current or past infection.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0065121||Parvovirus B19 Antibody IgG||5273-8|
- B19 IgG Antibodies
- Erythrovirus B19 IgG
- Fifth Disease
- Human Parvovirus B19 IgG