Reflex panel to identify aerobic bacterial isolate and determine in vitro susceptibility to antimicrobial agents.
- Patient Preparation
- Actively growing organism, in pure culture.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport sealed container with pure culture on agar slant or on a swab in bacterial transport media. Place each specimen in an individually sealed bag.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. If culture is suspected of being a microorganism listed as infectious substance affecting humans on IATA list, submit specimen according to Biological Substance, Category A, shipping guidelines.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Mixed cultures or non-viable organisms.
- Specimen source required. Indicate suspected pathogens.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Unacceptable
An additional processing fee will be billed for all mixed cultures, as indicated in the specimen requirements. Testing performed and associated charges billed depends on specimen source and type of organism suspected. If a significant organism is identified, then the appropriate susceptibility panel will be added. However, susceptibility testing will not automatically be performed on isolates of unknown clinical significance; testing may be requested by contacting the laboratory. Additional charges apply.
For identification of Shiga-like toxin producing E. coli order test E. coli Shiga-like toxin by EIA (ARUP test code 0060047).
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
- ID and Sensitivity
- Identification, Aerobic Bacteria
- Organism Identification