Final: Negative within 8 days
Average time to positive: 3 days
- Patient Preparation
- Body fluid, CSF, respiratory, semen, cervical or urethral swab, tissue or urine.
- Specimen Preparation
- Place swab or 0.5 mL of fluid (Min: 0.3 mL). in Mycoplasma/Ureaplasma transport media (UTM) (ARUP supply #12884) immediately. Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. Also acceptable: Any transport media validated for Mycoplasma/Ureaplasma transport such as M4 (DO NOT USE M4 RT). Use a sterile, leak-proof container for tissue or fluids if UTM is unavailable.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Frozen. Transport specimen on dry ice.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- M4 RT or bacterial transport media. Non-patient specimens. Dry swabs.
- Specimen source preferred.
- Ambient: 8 hours; Refrigerated: 48 hours in Mycoplasma/Ureaplasma transport media; Frozen at -70°C: 1 month
No environmental cultures performed. This testing is not suitable for determining mycoplasma contamination in any cell line or tissue culture. This test is not appropriate for adult respiratory specimens other than lung transplant specimens. See Mycoplasma pneumonia by PCR (ARUP test code 0060256).
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0065031||Culture, Ureaplasma spp and M hominis|
- Culture, Mycoplasma hominis and Ureaplasma urealyticum
- Genital Mycoplasma Culture
- M. hominis
- mycoplasma culture
- Mycoplasma hominis Culture (Genital Source)