- Patient Preparation
- Actively growing fungal isolate in pure culture.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport sealed container with pure culture on non-blood containing fungal medium. Place each specimen in an individually sealed bag.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Mixed cultures or non-viable organisms. Agar plate.
- Results may be delayed if growth of the organism is inadequate.
- Ambient: 2 weeks; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0062226||Histoplasma capsulatum - DNA Probe|
- H capsulatum DNA
- Histoplasma capsulatum DNA Identification