Coccidioides immitis Identification by DNA Probe
Nucleic Acid Probe
Within 2 days
New York DOH Approval Status
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Actively growing fungal isolate in pure culture.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport sealed container pure culture on non-blood containing fungal medium. Place each specimen in an individually sealed bag.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. If culture is suspected to be of a microorganism listed by the IATA as infectious to humans, submit according to Biological Substance, Category A, shipping guidelines.
Submit specimen according to Infectious Substance, Category A, shipping guidelines.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Mixed or non-viable organisms. Agar plate.
- Results may be delayed if growth of the organism is inadequate.
- Ambient: 2 weeks; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0062225||Coccidioides immitis - DNA Probe|