- Patient Preparation
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 1 mL CSF to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Refrigerated or frozen.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimen types other than CSF.
- Stability: Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 1 week
The College of American Pathologists (CAP) requires that bacterial antigen detection testing performed on CSF specimens be confirmed by culture (CAP MIC.22550). When S. pneumoniae antigen detection on CSF specimens is ordered by the University of Utah Hospital, Huntsman Cancer Hospital, or the VA Hospital of Salt Lake City, a CSF culture will be added automatically (see 0060106 for submission requirements). All other CSF specimens will be processed with the assumption that a culture was performed before sending to ARUP unless a specific request for culture is included with the test order. Additional charges apply
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0061162||Streptococcus pneumoniae Ag, CSF||20489-1|
- Pneumococcal Antigen
- S. pneumoniae Antigen
- S. pneumoniae antigen CSF