This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 1 mL CSF to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Refrigerated or frozen.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimen types other than CSF.
- Stability: Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 1 week
False-positives may occur because of cross-reactivity with other members of S. mitis group. Clinical correlation is recommended.
Patients who have received the S. pneumoniae vaccines may test positive in the 48 hours following vaccination. It is recommended to avoid testing within five days of receiving vaccination
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0061162||Streptococcus pneumoniae Ag, CSF|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at email@example.com.
- Pneumococcal Antigen
- S. pneumoniae Antigen
- S. pneumoniae antigen CSF