Not the preferred test for initial diagnosis of C. difficile-associated diarrhea. Preferred initial test is C. difficile toxin B gene (tcdB) by PCR (2002838
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 1 mL stool to an unpreserved stool transport vial (ARUP supply #40910). Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens in preservatives. Specimens submitted on swabs.
- Ambient: 2 hours; Refrigerated: 72 hours; Frozen at -20°C: 72 hours; Frozen at -70°C: 1 week
Negative - No C. difficile cytotoxin detected.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0060858||C. difficile Cytotoxin Cell Assay|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- c diff
- C. difficle cytotoxin cell assay
- Clostridium difficile Cytotoxin Antibody, Neutralization
- Clostridium difficile Toxin B Cytotoxin Assay
- cytotoxin cell test