- Patient Preparation
- Plain red.
- Specimen Preparation
- Aseptically remove 2 mL serum to a sterile tube (ARUP supply #43115) and freeze. Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Required information includes: time and date of collection, time of last dose, and list of all antibiotics that the patient is receiving or has received in the past 48 hours.
- Ambient: 2 hours; Refrigerated: 24 hours; Frozen: 1 week
For bioassay measurements, the presence of other antimicrobial agents may interfere with the assay. Other factors that may influence antimicrobial levels include inherent differences among patients and their underlying physical conditions as well as the dose and route of administration of the antimicrobial agent.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0060852||Antibiotic Level, Ticarcillin|
- Ticarcillin serum level
- Ticarcillin-Clavulanic Acid