- Patient Preparation
- Vaginal, endocervical, or male urethral swab in viral transport media (M4) or UTM (ARUP supply #12884). Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. Refer to "Sample Collection for the Diagnosis of STD" under Specimen Handling at www.aruplab.com for specific specimen collection and transport instructions.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport swab in 3 mL viral transport media (M4 or UTM). (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens in any transport media other than indicated above. Specimens from patients that are less than 16 years of age.
- Specimen source required.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: 3 months
This test is intended for medical purposes only and is not valid for the evaluation of suspected sexual abuse or for other forensic purposes. In certain contexts, culture may be required to meet applicable laws and regulations for diagnosis of C. trachomatis and N. gonorrhoeae infections. Per 2014 CDC recommendations, this test does not include confirmation of positive results by an alternative nucleic acid target.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0060775||C. trachomatis by TMA, M4/UTM||21613-5|
|0060776||N. gonorrhoeae by TMA, M4/UTM||24111-7|
- Chlamydia and GC TMA panel
- CT/GC M4/UTM
- Gonorrhea UTM
- Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT)