- Patient Preparation
- Endocervical or urethral swab in viral transport media (M4) or UTM (ARUP supply #12884). Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. Refer to "Sample Collection for the Diagnosis of STD" under Specimen Handling at www.aruplab.com for specific specimen collection and transport instructions.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport swab in 3 mL viral transport media (M4 or UTM). (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens in any transport media other than indicated above. Specimens from patients that are less than 16 years of age.
- Specimen source required.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: 3 months
Positive results are confirmed using an alternative nucleic acid target in accordance with CDC guidelines. See: Screening Tests To Detect Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae Infections - 2002. (http://www.cdc.gov/std/LabGuidelines/rr5115.pdf)
This test is intended for medical purposes only and is not valid for the evaluation of suspected sexual abuse or for other forensic purposes.
In certain contexts, culture may be required to meet applicable laws and regulations for diagnosis of C. trachomatis and N. gonorrhoeae infections.
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0060775||C. trachomatis by TMA, M4/UTM|
|0060776||N. gonorrhoeae by TMA, M4/UTM|