Identify the species of M. tuberculosis complex to species level by comparing genomic deletion patterns; includes testing for M. tuberculosis, M. bovis, M. bovis BCG-vaccine strain, M. africanum, M. microti, M. caprae.
- Patient Preparation
- Actively growing M. tuberculosis complex in pure culture.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport sealed container with pure culture on agar slant. Place each specimen in an individually sealed bag.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Mixed cultures or non-viable organisms. Agar plate.
- Ambient: 1 month; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0060771||M tuberculosis Complex Speciation|
- M. tuberculosis PCR speciation
- M. tuberculosis species identification PCR