Qualitative Polymerase Chain Reaction
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Actively growing M. tuberculosis complex in pure culture.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport sealed container with pure culture on agar slant. Place each specimen in an individually sealed bag.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
Submit specimen according to Infectious Substance, Category A, shipping guidelines.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Mixed cultures or non-viable organisms. Agar plate.
- Ambient: 1 month; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: Unacceptable
This test is performed pursuant to an agreement with Roche Molecular Systems, Inc.
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
A handling fee will be billed for all organisms submitted that are not in a pure culture as requested in the specimen requirements. Speciation will be performed on all M. tuberculosis complex isolates which were isolated at ARUP and isolates submitted by clients for identification. Speciation will not be performed on M. tuberculosis complex isolates submitted for susceptibility testing only. Speciation of M. tuberculosis complex will be performed on the first identified isolate but not on subsequent isolates within 90 days of collection.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0060771||M tuberculosis Complex Speciation|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at email@example.com.