Identify fungi from culture.
- Patient Preparation
- Actively growing mold or yeast in pure culture.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport sealed container with pure culture on agar slant. Place each specimen in an individually sealed bag.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. If culture is suspected of being a microorganism listed as infectious substance affecting humans on IATA list, submit specimen according to Biological Substance, Category A, shipping guidelines.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Isolates from environmental sources. Mixed cultures or non-viable organisms. Agar plate.
- Specimen source preferred.
- Ambient: 4 weeks; Refrigerated: 4 weeks; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0060756||Fungal Identification by ITS rDNA Seq|
- Fungi sequencing identification