Organism Identification by 16S rDNA Sequencing
16S rDNA Sequencing
New York DOH Approval Status
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Actively growing isolated organism, in pure culture.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport sealed container with pure culture on agar slant or in bacterial transport media.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. If culture is suspected of being a microorganism listed as infectious substance affecting humans on IATA list, submit specimen according to Biological Substance, Category A, shipping guidelines.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Mixed cultures or non-viable organisms.
- Specimen source required. Indicate suspected pathogen. For suspected agents of bioterrorism, Salmonella, or Shigella, notify your state department of health and refer isolates to your state laboratory for identification. For identification of Shiga-like toxin producing E. coli, order test E. coli Shiga-like toxin by EIA (ARUP test code 0060047).
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Unacceptable
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
An additional handling fee will be billed for mixed cultures submitted as indicated in the specimen requirements.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0060720||Organism Identification by 16S rDNA|
- 16S Ribosomal DNA (rDNA) Sequencing