- Patient Preparation
- Eye, genital, nasopharyngeal, or rectal swab.
For Chlamydia DFA only, collection kits with fixative are available (ARUP supply #16578). Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Specimen Preparation
- Fix slide as directed by collection kit. Transport fixed slide.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Swabs in gel. Transport systems designed for use with other methodologies of Chlamydia testing. Dry swabs.
- Specimen source preferred.
- Fixed Slide: Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 1 week
Amplified DNA testing is recommended for detection of Chlamydia trachomatis from endocervical or urethral specimens. Refer to Chlamydia trachomatis by Amplified Detection (APTIMA®) (0060243). Specimen must be collected and transported with test-specific kit. Culture is recommended for Chlamydia trachomatis detection in suspected sexual abuse and for suspected failure of therapy. Refer to Chlamydia trachomatis Culture (Genital) (0060850).
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0060287||Chlamydia trachomatis DFA||6355-2|
|0060338||Chlamydia trachomatis DFA Source||31208-2|
- C trachomatis DFA
- Chlamydia trachomatis, Fluorescence Staining of MicroTrak Slides