- Patient Preparation
- Endocervical, pharyngeal, rectal, or vaginal swab, first catch urine, or male urethral swabs . Collect in APTIMA Combo 2 Assay transport media (ARUP supply: Swabs #28907, Urine #28908). Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. Refer to Sample Collection for the Diagnosis of STD under Specimen Handling at www.aruplab.com for specific specimen collection and transport instructions.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer swab or urine to APTIMA Combo 2 Assay transport media. (Min: 2 mL urine)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Large white swab is for preparatory cleaning of the endocervix and is unacceptable for testing. Specimens in any transport media other than indicated above. Specimen in swab transport media without a swab.
- Specimen source is required.
- Swab in APTIMA Transport Media: Ambient: 2 months; Refrigerated: 2 months; Frozen: 12 months
Urine in APTIMA Transport Media: Ambient: 1 month; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: 12 months
This test is intended for medical purposes only and is not valid for the evaluation of suspected sexual abuse or for other forensic purposes. In certain contexts, culture may be required to meet applicable laws and regulations for diagnosis of C. trachomatis and N. gonorrhoeae infections
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0060244||N. gonorrhoeae by TMA|
|0060755||APTIMA Media Type|
- GC TMA
- Gonococcus (Neisseria gonorrhoeae by Amplified Detection (APTIMA(R)))
- Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT)