- Patient Preparation
- Actively growing isolate in pure culture.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport sealed container with pure culture on agar slant. Place each specimen in individually sealed bag.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Mixed cultures or non-viable organisms.
- Isolate identification and specimen source required.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: Unacceptable
Susceptible, intermediate, SDD (susceptible dose dependent), or resistant. Interpretive guidelines are provided only for Candida species.
MICs (minimum inhibitory concentrations) without interpretative guidelines are reported for yeast species other than Candida.
MECs (minimum effective concentration) are not reported for yeast species.
An additional processing fee will be billed for all organisms not submitted in pure culture, as indicated in the specimen requirements.
If species identification is not provided, identification will be performed at ARUP. Additional charges apply.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
- 5-fluorocytosine susceptibility
- Amphotericin B susceptibility
- anidulafungin susceptibility
- caspofungin susceptibility
- fluconazole susceptibility
- itraconazole susceptibility
- micafungin susceptibility
- posaconazole susceptibility
- voriconazole susceptibility
- Yeast Minimum Inhibitory Concentration
- Yeast Susceptibility Panel