- Patient Preparation
- Actively growing mould in pure culture.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport sealed container with pure culture on fungal medium slant. Place each specimen in an individually sealed bag.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Mixed cultures or non-viable moulds. Agar plates.
- Isolate identification and specimen source required.
- Ambient: 2 weeks; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: Unacceptable
Minimum effective concentrations (MEC) without interpretation for the echinocandins.
Susceptibility testing is performed by CLSI-approved broth microdilution method
Susceptibility testing for dermatophytes and dimorphic fungi is not performed at ARUP. If requested, isolates will be sent to the Fungus Testing Laboratory, San Antonio, TX. Specify agents to be tested on the susceptibility test requisition form.
An additional processing fee will be billed for all organisms not submitted in pure culture per specimen requirements.
If species identification is not provided, identification will be performed at ARUP. Additional charges apply.
Testing is not performed on isolates from environmental sources.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
- Aspergillus species
- Fungal Susceptibility
- Mould Susceptibility Panel
- Susceptibility Testing