- Patient Preparation
- Actively growing Staphylococcus aureus or coagulase-negative Staphylococcus, in pure culture.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport sealed container with pure culture on agar slant or in bacterial transport media. Place each specimen in an individually sealed bag.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Mixed cultures or non-viable organisms.
- Isolate identification and specimen source required.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: Unacceptable
This test is performed pursuant to an agreement with Roche Molecular Systems, Inc.
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
If species identification is not provided, identification will be performed at ARUP. Additional charges apply.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
- beta-lactam antibiotic resistance
- mecA Gene