- Patient Preparation
- Actively growing isolate in pure culture AND serum or body fluid. Collect using aseptic technique.
- Specimen Preparation
- Organism: Transport sealed container with pure culture on agar slant or in bacterial transport media. Place each specimen in an individually sealed bag.
AND Serum or Body Fluid: Transfer 2 mL serum or body fluid to a sterile container and freeze. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Organism: Room temperature.
Serum or Body Fluid: Frozen.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Mixed cultures or non-viable organisms.
- Isolate identification and specimen source required. A list of all antibiotics the patient is receiving or has received in the past 48 hours must be provided (this information is essential for test performance; missing information may cause delays in turnaround time).
- Organism: Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Unacceptable
Serum or Body Fluid: Ambient: 2 hours; Refrigerated: 24 hours; Frozen: 1 week
An additional processing fee will be billed for all organisms not submitted in pure culture, as indicated in the specimen requirements.
If species identification is not provided, identification will be performed at ARUP. Additional charges apply.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0060204||Antimicrobial - Bactericidal Assays|
- Schlichter Assay
- Schlichter Test
- Serum Bactericidal Assay