Preliminary: negative at 2 days, or as soon as positive detected.
Final: negative at 5 days (Rule out Actinomyces at 10 days)
- Patient Preparation
- Aspirate, body fluids, tissues, or material collected from areas without normal anaerobic flora.
- Specimen Preparation
- Place specimen immediately into anaerobe transport media (ARUP supply #16426). Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimen from site with normal anaerobic flora. Aerobic conditions.
- Specimen source required.
- Ambient: 48 hour; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Unacceptable
Identification and susceptibilities performed on positive cultures when appropriate.
Indicate if Actinomyces is suspected.
Contact the laboratory prior to collection of the specimen if consultation on collection containers or transport is needed.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0060143||Anaerobe Culture and Gram Stain|
- Actinomyces Culture
- Anaerobic culture
- Bacterial Culture, Anaerobic
- Culture, Anaerobic