Preliminary: 1 day
Final: Negative at 3 days
- Patient Preparation
- Aspirate or purulent material. OR swab.
- Specimen Preparation
- Aspirate fluid: Transfer to a sterile container.
Purulent Material: Transfer to a sterile tube or anaerobe transport media.
Swab: Place in Eswab transport media (ARUP Supply #45877) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Syringes with needle attached. Dry swabs.
- Specimen source required.
- Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Unacceptable
Identification and susceptibility tests are performed on significant isolates.
Anaerobe culture, Gram stain, identification, and susceptibility tests are billed separately from culture.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
- Abscess Culture
- Aerobic Bacteria Culture
- Aerobic Culture
- Bacteria Aerobic Culture (CSF)
- Bacteria, Aerobic, Culture
- Culture, Wound