- Patient Preparation
- Sputum from cystic fibrosis patient.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer sputum to a sterile container. Place each specimen in an individually sealed bag.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Multiple specimens (more than one in 24 hours).
- Ambient: 2 hours; Refrigerated: 24 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
Identification and susceptibility tests are performed on pathogens.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0060130||Culture, Cystic Respiratory|
- Culture, Cystic Respiratory