Final: negative at 3 days
Positive: As soon as detected
- Patient Preparation
- Any body site or fluid.
*Detection by amplified nucleic acid methodology can be performed on genital or urine specimens received in test-specific transport media.
*Refer to Infectious Disease under Specimen Handling at www.aruplab.com <http://www.aruplab.com> for special specimen collection instructions.
- Specimen Preparation
- Do not refrigerate specimen.
Inoculated Modified Thayer Martin Agar (MTM): Transfer to a sealed in plastic bag with CO2 generating tablet.
Swab: Transport in Amies with charcoal.
Fluids: Transfer to a sterile container.
*Submit slide for Gram stain on male urethra specimens.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL ROOM TEMPERATURE.
Incubate MTM at 35°C if delay occurs.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Dry swabs, or delayed transport of inoculated MTM agar in non-CO2 environment.
- Specimen source preferred.
- Ambient: 2 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0060110||Culture, Neisseria gonorrhoeae|
- Culture, Neisseria gonorrhoeae
- GC Culture
- GC Test
- N. gonorrhoeae culture
- Neisseria gonorrhoeae Culture