Positive: As soon as detected
Final: Negative at 14 days
- Patient Preparation
- Aspirate, fluid, respiratory specimen, or tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Fluid: Transfer to a sterile container. Tissue: Place on gauze moistened with sterile non-bacteriostatic saline to prevent drying and transport in sterile container.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Identification is by DNA sequencing for most isolates.
- Ambient: 72 hours; Refrigerated: 72 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
- Culture, Nocardia
- Nocardia gram-stain and culture