Gold standard test to diagnose fungi as agent of infection in blood.
Positive cultures are reported as soon as detected
Final: Negative within 43 days
- Patient Preparation
- Aseptic draw.
- Whole blood in yellow (SPS) (ARUP supply #24964) or in Bactec® Myco/F Lytic bottle (ARUP supply # 31916).
OR bone marrow in yellow (SPS) (ARUP supply # 24964).
Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Specimen Preparation
- Whole Blood: Transport 7 mL in tube or 5 mL bottle. (Min: 1 mL)
OR Bone Marrow: Transport 7 mL in tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Ambient: 72 hours; Refrigerated: 72 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0060070||Culture, Blood for Fungus||601-5|
- Culture, Blood for Fungus
- Fungi blood culture