E. coli Shiga-like Toxin by EIA
Qualitative Enzyme Immunoassay
Within 2 days
New York DOH Approval Status
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Stool. OR actively growing isolate of E. coli, in pure culture.
- Specimen Preparation
- Stool: Place 5 mL stool in enteric transport media (Cary-Blair) (ARUP Supply #29799) immediately after collection. Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. (Min: 1 mL)
E. coli Isolate: Transport sealed container with pure culture on agar slant or on a swab in bacterial transport media. Place each specimen in an individually sealed bag.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Stool: Refrigerated.
E. coli Isolate: Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens or isolates from sources other than stool.
- Stool in Transport Media: Ambient: 1 hour; Refrigerated: 72 hours; Frozen: 1 week
E. coli Isolate: Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Unacceptable
This test will identify the presence of E. coli Shiga-like toxin, however it cannot determine specific of strains of E. coli. (e.g., E. coli O157:H7)
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0060047||E.Coli Shiga-Like Toxin By EIA|
- Ecoli 0157 (E. coli Shiga-like Toxin by EIA)
- EHEC (E. coli Shiga-like Toxin by EIA)
- Verotoxin Assay (E. coli Shiga-like Toxin by EIA)