- Patient Preparation
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 5 g stool in unpreserved stool transport vial (ARUP Supply #40910) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connector contact ARUP Client Services at(800) 522-2787. (Min: 1 g) Preserving in 10 percent formalin (within 1 hour of collection) is also acceptable.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unpreserved: Frozen.
Preserved: Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens in any other preservative than indicated above.
- Unpreserved: Ambient: 2 hours; Refrigerated: 24 hours; Frozen: 1 week
Preserved: Ambient: 9 months; Refrigerated: 9 months; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0060045||Cryptosporidium Antigen by EIA||6371-9|
- Cryptosporidium Antigen
- Cryptosporidium Antigen, Feces
- Ova and Parasite Exam by EIA