Thrombotic Risk, DNA Panel
Acceptable panel to detect the two most common inherited thrombophilias (prothrombin-related and factor V Leiden-related).
Polymerase Chain Reaction
New York DOH Approval Status
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA) or pink (K2 EDTA). Also acceptable: Yellow (ACD Solution A), lt. blue (sodium citrate), or green (sodium or lithium heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Do not freeze. Transport 5 mL whole blood. (Min: 3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Serum. Frozen specimens. Clotted or severely hemolyzed specimens.
- Ambient: 72 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|0097720||Factor V Leiden (F5) R506Q Mutation||Negative: This sample is negative for factor V Leiden, R506Q mutation.|
|0055655||Methylenetetrahydrofolate Reductase (MTHFR) 2 Mutations||Negative: Neither of the common MTHFR gene mutations tested, C677T and A1298C, were detected. Other causes of elevated homocysteine levels, coronary heart disease, or thrombosis cannot be excluded. This genotype is associated with a normal folate metabolism.|
|0056060||Prothrombin (F2) G20210A Mutation||Negative: This sample is negative for the factor II, prothrombin 20210A mutation.|
81240, 81241, 81291
- Hypercoagulable Panel