Acceptable panel to detect the two most common inherited thrombophilias (prothrombin-related and factor V Leiden-related).
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA), pink (K2 EDTA) or yellow (ACD Solution A or B).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 3 mL whole blood. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma or serum; collection of specimen in sodium heparin tubes.
- Ambient: 72 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 month.
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|0097720||Factor V Leiden (F5) R506Q Mutation||Negative: This sample is negative for factor V Leiden, R506Q mutation.|
|0055655||Methylenetetrahydrofolate Reductase (MTHFR) 2 Variants||Negative: Neither of the common MTHFR gene variants tested, c.665C>T (previously designated C677T) and c.1286A>C (previously designated A1298C), were detected. Other causes of elevated homocysteine levels, coronary heart disease, or thrombosis were not assessed. This genotype is associated with a normal folate metabolism.|
|0056060||Prothrombin (F2) G20210A Mutation||Negative: This sample is negative for the factor II, prothrombin 20210A mutation.|
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
- FVL R506Q, MTHFR, and Factor II mutation panel
- Hypercoagulable Panel