- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA) or pink (K2 EDTA). Also acceptable: Yellow (ACD Solution A), lt. blue (sodium citrate), or green (sodium or lithium heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Do not freeze. Transport 5 mL whole blood. (Min: 3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Serum. Frozen specimens. Clotted or severely hemolyzed specimens.
- Ambient: 72 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|0097720||Factor V Leiden (F5) R506Q Mutation||Negative: This sample is negative for factor V Leiden, R506Q mutation.|
|0055655||Methylenetetrahydrofolate Reductase (MTHFR) 2 Mutations||Effective February 18, 2014|
Negative: Neither of the common MTHFR gene mutations tested, c.665C>T and c.1286A>C, were detected. Other causes of elevated homocysteine levels, coronary heart disease, or thrombosis were not assessed. This genotype is associated with a normal folate metabolism.
|0056060||Prothrombin (F2) G20210A Mutation||Negative: This sample is negative for the factor II, prothrombin 20210A mutation.|
- Hypercoagulable Panel