- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA) or serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells within 24 hours. Transfer 2 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.75 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Heparinized specimens.
- On cells: Ambient: 24 hours. After separation from cells: Ambient: 72 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 6 weeks
1 IU/mL of HBV DNA is approximately 5.82 copies/mL.
This assay should not be used for blood donor screening, associated re-entry protocols, or for screening Human Cell, Tissues and Cellular Tissue-Based Products (HCT/P).
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0051820||HBV DNA Interpretation|
|0056026||HBV DNA (log IU/mL)|
|2002322||HBV DNA (IU/mL)|
- HBV Quant PCR
- HBV quantitative
- HBV Viral Load
- Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT)
- Viral load monitoring