- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA) or serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells within 24 hours. Transfer 2 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Heparinized specimens.
- On cells: Ambient: 24 hours. After separation from cells: Ambient: 72 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 6 weeks
1 IU/mL of HBV DNA is approximately 5.82 copies/mL.
This assay should not be used for blood donor screening, associated re-entry protocols, or for screening Human Cell, Tissues and Cellular Tissue-Based Products (HCT/P).
Specimens received with less than minimum volume for testing will automatically be run with a dilution according to the guidelines below:
-Specimens with 325-650 µL will be diluted resulting in a modification of the quantitative range of the assay to 1.6-8.5 log IU/mL (41-350,000,000 IU/mL).
-Specimens with 130-325 µL will be diluted resulting in a modification of the quantitative range of the assay to 2.0-8.9 log IU/mL (102-870,000,000 IU/mL).
This test is intended for use in conjunction with clinical presentation and other laboratory markers as an indicator of disease prognosis. This test is also used as an aid in assessing viral response to treatment as measured by changes in HBV DNA levels.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0051820||HBV Qnt by PCR Interpretation||29610-3|
|0056026||HBV Qnt by PCR (log IU/mL)||48398-2|
|2002322||HBV Qnt by PCR (IU/mL)||42595-9|
- HBV Quant PCR
- HBV quantitative
- HBV Viral Load
- Hep B DNA
- Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT)
- Viral load monitoring