- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA), or yellow (ACD Solution A or B).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 3 mL whole blood. (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Ambient: 72 hours; Refrigerated: 5 days; Frozen: Unacceptable
Sensitivity and specificity for detection of these mutations are 99 percent. Counseling and informed consent are recommended for genetic testing. Consent forms are available online at www.aruplab.com.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0056006||Cystic Fibrosis (CFTR) Cis-Trans Interp|
- CFTR R117H and 5T mutations