Protease inhibitors (PI)
Reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTI, NNRTI)
Intended for patients with viral load >1,000 copies/mL.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA) or plasma preparation tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate plasma from cells within 6 hours. Transfer 4 mL plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 1.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Serum. Heparinized specimens.
- Please submit most recent viral load and test date, if available.
- On Cells: Ambient: 6 hours; After separation from cells: Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 5 days; Frozen: 4 months
This test should be used in conjunction with clinical presentation and other laboratory markers. A patient's response to therapy depends on multiple factors including patient compliance, percentage of resistant virus population, dosing, and drug pharmacology issues. Resistance interpretations may vary with test methodology.
Some insertions or deletions may be difficult to detect using this software. This test may not detect minor HIV-1 populations less than 20 percent of the total population.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0051722||HIV-1 Genotype by Sequencing||53798-5|
|2002141||EER HIV-1 Genotype by Sequencing||11526-1|
- HIV Drug Resistance
- HIV Genotype
- HIV1 Genotype
- HIV1 Genotyping
- HIV1 Protease and Reverse Transcriptase Genotype
- HIV1 Protease and Reverse Transcriptase Genotyping
- HIV1 Protease and Reverse Transcriptase Sequencing
- HIV1 Protease Genotyping
- HIV1 Reverse Transcriptase Genotyping
- HIV1 Sequencing