- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- CSF. Contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, icteric, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
Positive: IgG antibody to T. solium detected, which may suggest current or past infection.
See Compliance Statement D: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0055283||Cysticercosis Ab, IgG by Western Blot|
- Taenia solium (Cysticercosis Antibody, IgG by Western Blot)