- Patient Preparation
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 3 mL CSF to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.4 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimen types other than CSF. Contaminated or heat-inactivated specimens.
- Ambient: 8 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
Positive: IgG antibody to T. solium detected suggestive of current or past infection.
See Compliance Statement D: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0055282||Cysticer Ab, IgG by Western Blot, CSF|
- Taenia solium (Cysticercosis Antibody, IgG by Western Blot (CSF))