Semi-Quantitative Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 0.5 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Urine or plasma. Contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, icteric, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
Effective May 16, 2011
|19 Units or less
||Weak Positive - Suggest repeat testing in two to three weeks with fresh specimen.
|31 Units or greater
||Positive - Suggestive of autoimmune hepatitis type 1 or chronic active hepatitis.
F-actin antibodies have been shown to have greater sensitivity and specificity for autoimmune liver disease than anti-smooth muscle antibodies.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0055248||F-Actin (Smooth Muscle) Ab, IgG by ELISA|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Actin Antibody
- Anti-Actin Antibody
- Anti-F-Actin Antibody
- Antiactin Antibody