Allergen, Epidermals and Animal Proteins, Feather Mix
Qualitative ImmunoCAP Fluorescent Enzyme Immunoassay
New York DOH Approval Status
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Multiple patient encounters should be avoided.
- Serum separator tube. Multiple specimen tubes should be avoided.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 0.25 mL serum plus 0.1 mL for each additional allergen ordered to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.25 mL plus 0.04 mL for each allergen ordered)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Hemolyzed, icteric, or lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
Allergen results of 0.10-0.34 kU/L are intended for specialist use as the clinical relevance is undetermined. Although increasing ranges are reflective of increasing concentrations of allergen-specific IgE, this may not correlate with the degree of clinical response or skin testing when challenged with a specific allergen. The correlation of allergy laboratory results with clinical history and in vivo reactivity to specific allergens is essential. A negative test may not rule out clinical allergy or even anaphylaxis.
This assay provides a single qualitative (positive/negative) result only. It does not provide information on the amount of IgE specific for any of the component allergens (goose, chicken, duck and turkey feathers).
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0055037||Allergen, Animal, Feather Mix IgE|
- Feather Mixture
- ImmunoCAP® ex71 (Allergen, Epidermals and Animal Proteins, Feather Mix)