- Patient Preparation
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 0.5 mL CSF to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimen types other than CSF. Contaminated or heat-inactivated specimens.
- Ambient: 8 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
0.91-1.09 ISR: Equivocal - Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
1.10 ISR or greater: Positive - Significant level of IgM antibody to varicella-zoster virus detected, which may indicate current or recent infection. However, low levels of IgM antibodies may occasionally persist for more than 12 months post-infection.
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0054445||VZV Antibody IgM CSF||31695-0|
- Herpes Zoster
- Varicella Zoster Virus CSF IgM
- VZV CSF IgM