- Patient Preparation
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 0.5 mL CSF to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Refrigerated. Also acceptable: Frozen.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimen types other than CSF. Contaminated or heat-inactivated specimens.
- Ambient: 8 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
0.80-1.20 IV: Equivocal - Borderline levels of IgM antibody to Mumps virus. Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
1.21 IV or greater: Positive - Presence of IgM antibody to Mumps virus detected, which may indicate a current or recent infection. However, low levels of IgM antibody may occasionally persist for more than 12 months post-infection or immunization.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0054443||Mumps Virus Antibody IgM CSF||13267-0|
- Mumps IgM CSF
- MumpsCSF Serology