- Patient Preparation
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 0.5 mL CSF to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Refrigerated. Also acceptable: Frozen.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimen types other than CSF. Contaminated or heat-inactivated specimens.
- Ambient: 8 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
0.80-1.20 AU: Equivocal - Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
1.21 AU or greater: Positive - IgM antibodies to measles (rubeola) virus detected. Suggestive of current or recent infection or immunization. However, low levels of IgM antibodies may occasionally persist for more than 12 months post-infection or immunization.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0054441||Measles, Rubeola, Antibody IgM CSF||13283-7|
- English Measles
- measles IgM CSF
- Rubeola IgM CSF