First-line screening test for Lynch syndrome. Directs additional molecular diagnostic testing for Lynch syndrome.
Assay: Sun, Tue, Thu
- Patient Preparation
- Tumor AND normal epithelial tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tissue. Protect from excessive heat. Transport tissue block(s) or 10 unstained 5-micron slides (5 tumor and 5 normal epithelial). (Min: 3 tumor tissue and 3 normal epithelial tissue slides) Transport block(s) and/or slide(s) in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens fixed/processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer). Frozen specimens. Decalcified specimens. Less than 25 percent tumor or less than 50 percent normal epithelial tissue.
- Include surgical pathology report. Tissue block will be returned after testing.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0051741||Microsatellite Marker BAT-25|
|0051742||Microsatellite Marker BAT-26|
|0051743||Microsatellite Marker MONO-27|
|0051745||Microsatellite Marker NR-21|
|0051746||Microsatellite Marker NR-24|
|2001370||Microsatellite Instability Specimen||31208-2|
- BAT -25, BAT-26, MON-27, NR-21, NR-24 genotypes
- HNPCC MSI
- HNPCC tumor screening
- Lynch Syndrome MSI
- Lynch syndrome tumor screening
- microsatellite instability
- MSI Lynch syndrome