Do not use to screen for celiac disease. May be used to estimate severity of intestinal villous atrophy in confirmed celiac disease.
Semi-Quantitative Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 0.5 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma. Contaminated, severely hemolyzed, icteric, or lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
20.0 Units or less: Negative
20.1 - 24.9 Units: Equivocal
25.0 Units or greater: Positive
The presence of IgA antibodies against F-Actin in patients having positive serologic markers for celiac disease, such as antiendomysial, anti-transglutaminase, and/or anti-gliadin peptide IgA, indicates the presence of intestinal villus atrophy. Positive results should be confirmed with biopsy.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0051725||F-Actin Antibody, IgA|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at firstname.lastname@example.org.