- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow specimen to clot for 30 minutes to one hour at refrigerated temperature. Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube and place on refrigerant pack or freeze immediately. (Min: 0.3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Room temperature specimens. Specimens exposed to repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Unacceptable, Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: 1 year
See Compliance Statement D: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0051721||Complement Factor B|
- Alternative Pathway-Complement
- Complement alternative pathway
- Properdin Factor B